Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stuffy, fuddy duddy Christians

My husband and I have had this conversation a hundred times.  When we find out that we weren't invited to a party, or he wasn't asked to play on the neighborhood basketball team, or nobody came to our Christmas party... we start asking each other.  Are we boring?  Do we come across as fuddy, duddy Christians who don't know how to have a good time? Do people not invite us because they feel like they can't be themselves around us?

I know this is ridiculous.  I know everyone likes us.  :)

But, there is a misconception about Christians that has haunted us since the beginning of time.  And I was a part of it before I became a believer.
Boooooring.  Judgmental.  No humor.

Boy, was I wrong!  My favorite, craziest, most hilarious, good time, party throwing, spontaneous people are Christians.
Maybe because we have joy in the Lord, maybe because we know that this life isn't all there is.  Maybe because we know we have a gracious, loving, forgiving Savior who has our back and loves us just the way we are.  That's reason enough to throw a party every day!

Christians know how to throw down!  We know how to laugh until snot flies across the room.
I recently discovered a hilarious site called Stuff Christians Like that literally makes me laugh out loud at every post.  It is satirical, sarcastic, pithy and right up my alley.

Check it out when you need a good laugh, like every day.

Stuff Christians Like

No comments:

Post a Comment