Monday, October 11, 2010

Puppy Dog Tails

I always knew I wanted a son.  I grew up at the ball fields cheering on my two brothers and I've always dreamed I would be back there with my own boy.  Boys are easy.  All they need is a stick.
Or some dirt.
Or a tree.
Or a hose.
And they're happy.
Then, the Lord blessed me with four beautiful girls.  And as much as I adore my baby girls, and as much as my husband did NOT want any more children, I longed for a boy.  I ached for a boy.  I prayed and cried and my heart hurt for a boy.
It's that feeling you get (and no matter how many children you already have, it's the same feeling) when you know there is to be another life.  And the anticipation and angst can almost kill you.
And one year ago, I got my boy.

It's pure bliss.  He's delicious.  I can't get enough of him.  He's beyond rotten.  Spoiled to the core.  After all, he has 5 mommas and we give him whatever he wants.  It won't last forever - I'll raise him to be a respectful, responsible, hard working man.  But, right now, he's my snuggle bug who makes my heart melt into a puddle of jello whenever he cries.  So, he gets what he wants.

But, if you saw him.  You'd give in, too.
See?
Pure deliciousness.
And he loves the hose.  Some baby advice:  When they're crabby, put them in water.
He could play all day in the hose.  And I could just sit and watch him.  All day.

Every single time he gets a drink, he jumps.  It surprises him every time.
And he's off to find a stick.  Yummy boy.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Erin! I like your posts! -Lindsay (Sadler) Willaimson

    ReplyDelete